Sarah Eno here! This is one of my favorite recipes and my boys LOVE it too. We hope that you will enjoy it too! This recipe is gluten free and dairy free. White rice goes nicely with this.
Prep time: 10 min + Cook time: 40-50 mins + Serving size: Hungry :-)
What you will need:
- 1-2 lbs fresh chicken breast (whole with skin and bone in for more flavor)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1.5 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 3-4 peeled and cut carrots
- 1 quarter to a half of white onion
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ginger (can be dried ground or grated fresh)
- 1.5 teaspoon turmeric
- Half tsp cumin
- Half tsp Sage
- Sprinkle to taste pink himalayan sea salt
- Bake in the oven at 375
- Start by adding the ghee to a dutch oven, sauteing the chicken for a couple min. ( If you don't have a dutch oven a bake dish with a lid will work) Place ghee on the bottom, add the chicken breast, chopped onion, and crushed garlic. Dust (saving most of the ingredients for later) the chicken a little with salt, curry powder, turmeric, cumin, sage and place in the oven covered.
- Set the timer for 20 min.
- While the chicken is cooking, place all the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix together. It doesn't have to be mixed perfectly because the heat will distribute it while it cooks with the chicken.
- At the 20 mark take the chicken out and add the carrots. Recover and cook for 10 min.
- After the carrots have been cooking with the chicken for awhile the very last step is to add the bowl mixture of coconut milk over the chicken and put back in the oven for another 10-15 mins. Make sure you check the chicken with a temp gauge before eating making sure it is within range for safe eating.
- You can pour the curry over rice and the left overs keep about a week.
I hope you find this as yummy as we do in our family!
Sarah Eno, NTP