Our bodies are fully equipped to deal with toxins, however, good health depends on the body's ability to perform its functions. Detoxification is the process of removing toxins and also how the body heals itself. Think of it like an internal cleansing process. We can aid the body in this process as simply as exchanging our toothpaste or deodorant for a natural brand without artificial additives, or putting a filter on our shower heads. Or we can cleanse our body giving it a much needed break by doing a detox program. Detox helps our body function cleanly and more efficiently, leaving you feeling refreshed with more energy.
To take the test simply keep track of how many questions you answer YES too. Write it down if you need to keep track.
Answer YES or NO to the following questions:
- Do you feel tired or fatigued?
- Do you feel stiffness in the morning upon rising?
- Do you feel rigid after sitting too long?
- Do you feel dizzy, foggy-headed or have trouble concentrating?
- Do you experience cracking or popping joints?
- Do you experience frequent upper back pain?
- Do you experience headaches more than a couple times a week?
- Do you eat fried foods?
- Do you experience a daily drippy nose or sinus stuffiness?
- Do you use coffee, cigarettes, or soda to get "up" in the morning?
- Are you sleepy in the afternoon?
- Do you experience gas or bloating after eating?
- Do you bruise really easily? or Do you find bruises and don't recall how you got them?
- Does your body take a while to recover after exercise?
- Do you feel sluggish or a need to lose weight even though you are exercising regularly?
- Do you have food allergies?
- Do you take pain medication on a regular basis?
- Does your family history contain any auto-immune disorders?
- Do your bowels move less than twice a day?
- Are you working in a closed off office building around electronics all day?
- Do you use non filtered water to shower or brush your teeth?
- Do you purchased packaged food already prepared?
If you answered yes to more than 4 of these questions, your current symptoms may be due to toxic overload and you may find that a detoxification program would benefit you. If you find that you are currently experiencing most or all of these symptoms I would recommend seeking medical advice through your current doctor or a specialist who understands how the body finds balance. As Nutritional Therapy Practitioners we understand the function of the body and facilitate homeostasis from a functional standpoint. Please keep in mind that this is not intended to replace or be a medical diagnosis of any kind.
I hope that you found this helpful for your health. We are here for all your health needs at Serene Natural Health.
Yours in good detox!!
Sarah Eno, NTP
*special thanks to Biotics NW