What is Hyperbaric Medicine?
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) delivers oxygen, under pressure, to tissues in the body. This action increases the levels of oxygen in the plasma, lymphatic fluid and cerebrospinal fluid which stimulates healing.
Increasing oxygen levels combats microbial infections by activating white blood cells.
This helps to rid the body of bacteria, viruses and yeast. It also helps reduce inflammation, oxidative stress and free radical damage while simultaneously stimulating blood vessel and collagen formation.
In addition, there are many animal and clinical examples showing the benefits of hyperbaric medicine in promoting neurological recovery through axon regeneration following nerve trauma.
Large chamber with extra head room makes for a very comfortable treatment. Carrie loves it!
What conditions does hyperbaric medicine treat?
- Anoxic Brain Injury
- Autistic spectrum
- Cancer Side Effects
- Cerebral Palsy
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Pain
- Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Crohn's Disease
- Inflammatory Bowel Disorders
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Lyme Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Retinitis Pigmentosa
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome (RSD)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Ulcerative Colitis
Here are just a few celebrities who have used hyperbaric medicine:
- Tracy Morgan - comedian - post massive car accident
- Keanu Reeves - actor - insomnia
- Terrell Owens - NFL player - sports injuries
- Tim Tebow - NFL player - sports injuries
- Peyton Manning - NFL QB - concussion recovery
- Kirstie Alley, John Travolta and Frank Sinatra - antiaging
- Joe Namath- NFL QB
What makes our hyperbaric chamber special?
- Two person chamber. Cost of treatment is reduced when sharing the chamber.
- Large enough to allow for comfortable sitting in the chamber rather than lying down. (Although lying down is an option for those who prefer it.)
- Blue tooth connected.
- Can bring electronics such as phones, ipads and computers into the chamber.
- Bring headphones and listen to your favorite music.
- Added oxygen concentrater delivers extra oxygen to the tissues.